Response to Hi, Jim. Check out our PSC Ep. 60: What’s the Difference Between a Start and Run Capacitor? video to get the answer to your question. The capacitor you need is a run capacitor, which this 50 MFD 370 VAC is the correct replacement. 

An image is worth 1,000 words! Add an image or two to your comment to help ensure it is understood accurately.

Yes, please email me exclusive discounts, swimming pool tips and helpful how to guides. This comment may be posted on a public site. Do not include: HTML, references to other retailers, pricing, personal information, or any profane, inflammatory language.