Response to Hello Elizabeth, yes this is the correct drain cap for the Hayward sand filter model S244T manufactured in 2005 and prior. If you need the after 2005 manufactured version that will be part number 4802-16. If you are not sure when your filter was manufactured then you will want to contact Hayward by clicking here and provide the serial number of your filter that should be located on the main filter label on the tank body. 

An image is worth 1,000 words! Add an image or two to your comment to help ensure it is understood accurately.

Yes, please email me exclusive discounts, swimming pool tips and helpful how to guides. This comment may be posted on a public site. Do not include: HTML, references to other retailers, pricing, personal information, or any profane, inflammatory language.